Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Lust for Lists

I realized something today. I really like making lists. I make them for just about everything. Half of my day is spent making lists, on paper, in my mind, on my computer. The other half if usually spent trying to complete the tasks on that list. That is if the list is my "To Do" list. I think I make about two or three a day. I make grocery lists, lists of memories, favorite moments, I make play lists, book lists, lists of things I can't forget to tell people, lists of things I wish I could forget, lists of things I want to do, lists of dreams, lists of places I want to go, lists of things I love and hate, and lists of things I miss. Don't ask me why. I really don't know. Lists seem so counter to my personality that dislikes order and predictability, but somehow it is my way of summarizing what my mind says to myself in many words, but what I convey in just a few, possibly even just one. When I get frustrated about not being able to explain something, I write a list. Somethings require explanation, but others...

1) Well, 
2) they
3) can 
4) be 
5) summarized
6) with 
7) one
8) word.
9) One
10)word
11) that
12) explains
13) what 
14) possibly
15) many 
16) simply
17) could 
18) not 
19) do
20) in 
21) any 
22) better
23) way. 

This blog will be one more place for lists. Those things I want to say, but can't explain, or don't need to. A way to log my thoughts and organize the chaos in my mind. 

No comments: